Our team has been hard at work planning, praying, and visualizing an expansion to our physical campus to make room for the growth of our local body. Below, you will find a video walk-through and a handful of graphics that illustrate the plans for our future.Give Toward Legacy Here
- March 3rd & 4th, 2018: Promise Weekend at Hillside • This weekend was when we began our Legacy journey and promised our giving contributions toward this Campaign based on how God has led us.
- March 25th, 2018: First Fruits Sunday at Hillside • This day marked our first day of giving toward the Legacy Campaign.
Below you can find a gallery and video of illustrations highlighting the architectural plans for the expansion. Last but not least, you will find a list of Frequently Asked Questions regarding the Legacy Campaign to assist you as you learn and think about being a part of this project.
Frequently Asked Questions
- When do we begin construction on the expansions? The hope and desire is to be able to break ground in summer of 2019.
- When will this expansion be complete? Our estimation is that it will take 18 months to complete the project and occupy the building (6 months pre-construction and 12 months construction). The completion of the project is also dependent on when we reach our campaign financial goals. We have split the expansion into two Phases in order to finish the project in unison with funds raised.
- How will our ministry to families be affected as a result of moving to the new ministry areas? A primary goal of the project is to eliminate the portables and move all of those children into the main building. The children will be closer to their parents in spaces designed intentionally for Children’s Ministry.
- How will having the new facilities expand our ability to reach more people? Simply put, the expansion will allow our Children’s Ministry to function more effectively each week. Moreover, having all of the young children in the main building will be more convenient and give parents greater peace-of-mind. This is not trivial as the overall church experience can be negatively affected by our current facility arrangement, particularly on bad weather days. Although the expansion is aimed primarily at children, the new facility will also provide more and better meeting spaces for adults to pursue ministry activities of all types.
- Will the project accommodate future growth? The expansion will contain ~23,000 square feet of space which is considerably larger than the combined portable space of ~7,500 square feet. This will provide room for growth not only in the Children’s Ministry but across all ministries of the church.
- How will the Legacy Campaign funds be raised? We have several options regarding giving toward this campaign. Cash can be given via envelope with designation on the envelope that the donation is for the campaign. Checks can be given with the word “Legacy” or “Building” or something similar in the memo. You can also give one-time gifts to the campaign or set up a schedule of giving online through our website. Or, you can give stocks, bonds or other assets to this campaign. See our Give Page for full details on all of these options.
- How long do we have to fulfill our Campaign commitment? The Legacy Campaign will last 1000 days beginning on First Fruits Sunday (March 25th, 2018). First Fruits Sunday was the largest gift-giving day of the Campaign!
I have previously given to the Siteline Building Fund, will I need to give to both Siteline and Legacy? No, the Legacy Campaign has replaced Siteline for the duration of Legacy. After that date, Legacy funds will be used to pay the mortgage on our current building.
- What is the financial goal for the Legacy Campaign? Our goal is to raise a total of $5 million. These funds, along with some cash already on hand, will cover Phase 1 of the expansion, furnishing and equipping Phase 1, and mortgage payments on the existing facility (for the duration of the campaign).
- Will we still have a mortgage on the existing main building after the Legacy Campaign? Yes. We have been, and will continue to be, proactive in paying back the loan.
- Will we add to our debt with this building expansion? No, the goal of the campaign is to complete the expansion without adding debt.
- How big will this building expansion be and what ministries will be utilizing the new expansion? The expansion will cover ~23,000 square feet. On Sunday mornings, Phase 1 will be used for our Children’s Ministry (specifically ages newborn through 1st grade). During the week, it will be used for Women’s Ministry, Kid’s Life Jr., and various other meeting and events.
- What kind of professional outside help have we enlisted as the church plans for expansion? Shanks Architects in Dallas was hired to design the expansion and Kirk Nowery and Hope Partners Resources provided consulting resources for the campaign itself. We have selected MYCON as our General Contractor for the project.
- Will the road construction expanding Park Vista/Ray White impact attendance? The road project is expected to have little or no direct impact on our construction project. However, the expansion of Ray White to Golden Triangle to four lanes will increase traffic and heighten the visibility of Hillside’s campus. We expect this to have a positive impact on attendance.
- Will Ministry be affected during construction of the expansion? Of course, construction on any actively occupied site will cause a certain amount of disruption. Our General Contractor, MYCON, is very familiar with church construction and are dedicated to creating a construction plan that will minimize any disruption to our ministries here at Hillside.
Have any more questions? Email us below!Contact Us