Bible Story: The Wilderness
Remember Verse: Joshua 1:9 “Be strong and courageous. Do not be afraid; do not be discouraged, for the Lord your God will be with you wherever you go.”
Series Point: God showed His people that He was great and mighty and worthy of worship by bringing His people into the Promised Land when it seemed impossible.
Weekly Sunday Content – February 2nd
• Passage: Exodus 19:1-20:21; 31:18-34:9
• Session Title: Ten Commandments
• Lesson Point: After God saved his people from slavery in Egypt, He met with Moses face-to-face. This shows that God wants us to have a personal relationship with Him.
• Now what?: I can have a personal relationship with God through His Son Jesus.
Weekly Sunday Content – February 9th
• Passage: Exodus 35:4-40:38
• Session Title: Tabernacle
• Lesson Point: The Tabernacle was a physical place that God used for people to meet with Him. It also contained symbols that pointed to Jesus who was the ultimate way to meet God.
• Now what?: I will do my part to help make my church a great place for people to meet God.
Weekly Sunday Content – February 16th
• Passage: Leviticus 1-27
• Session Title: Rules for Relating to God
• Lesson Point: God gave His people rules so they could live in a way that glorified God and pointed others toward him.
• Now what?: When I trust in Jesus, the Holy Spirit helps me to obey God’s rules.
Weekly Sunday Content – February 23rd
• Passage: Numbers 13:1-14:38
• Session Title: Joshua and Caleb
• Lesson Point: Even though God brought His people safely through the desert, only a few, including Joshua and Caleb, believed that God would give them what He promised.
• Now what?: Even though God brought His people safely through the desert, only a few, including Joshua and Caleb, believed that God would give them what He promised.